First Funk Festival ‘’FunkOphon’ in Varna city
Anita Valentinova, source: moreto.net, 26 July 2010
First Funk Festival in Varna
Where: Varna, Bulgaria; Open-Air Stage-Summer Theatre, Sea Garden
When:27th-29th of August 2010
Varna, the beautiful seaside capital of Bulgaria, will host a unique festival in the end of August and thus will prove once again the no other seaside city can compare with it in regards to cultural events and summer concerts. Definitely we can add a new title to Varna-the funk capital of Bulgaria, because Varna will be the city that will accommodate the first of its kind funk festival that will be exclusively dedicated to the great sound of funk. Although the time goes by, funk will never get older. Just to the contrary, the talented James Brown announced the beginning of the world funk revolution and the popular music style passed various transformations, which, however, made it fresh as usual and even more powerful nowadays.
The first edition of Bulgarian funk festival ‘FunkOphone’ promises excellent performances and lots of joy because of the presence of Omar, Incognito and Brooklyn Funk Essentials. Many Bulgarian funk formations will also participate in the exciting funk festival in August.
Funk Festival Program 2010
Program of the festival and musicians:
- 28 August 2010 (Sat)-Incognito
- 27 August 2010 (Fri)-Omar
- After a five-year recording hiatus - during which time he’s built his own studio, set up his own label and been touring like a madman – the one and only Omar is back.
- 29 August 2010 (Sun)- Brooklyn Funk Essentials
- 27 August 2010 (Fri)- Phuture Shock
- 28 August 2010 (Sat)- Tri-O-Five
- 28 August 2010 (Sat)- High Time
Welcome in Varna, attend the first funk festival this summer!