International Festival for Street and Puppet Theatre 2010
www.sofiapuppet.com, 04 September 2010
Puppet Fair 2010 in Bulgaria
Where: Sofia city, Bulgaria
When: 16th – 22nd September 2010
The international puppet theatre festival PUPPET FAIR – SOFIA presents a varied international program of children and youth performances for different age and social groups. The organizer of the festival is the internationally known Sofia Puppet Theatre. The aims of the festival are to assist in the development of young professionals in the puppet theatre; to stimulate closer contacts with professional communities from different countries; to stimulate the exchange of ideas relating to the development of contemporary puppet theatre.
The festival has already taken place five times. It is a biennale.
Previous festivals featured many performances from Greece, Turkey, Serbia and Montenegro, Slovenia, Belgium, Japan, Hungary, France, etc. The festival has explored every genre and style of puppet theatre, including street performances, puppet theatre for adults, any kind of animation with puppets. The Puppet Fair uses two venues: open-air spaces and streets.
The goals of the festival:
- To create a varied and high-quality program of performances for audiences of different age levels.
- To popularize contemporary trends and encourage artistic experimentation in the field of puppet theatre.
- To create an opportunity for communication and creative contact between artists from different countries.
- To stimulate the exchange of ideas in order to further develop the art of puppet theatre.
- To support creativity and the international exchange of cultural values and to encourage the movement of artists and their creations by emphasizing cultural variety and the development of new forms of cultural expression.
Program of the festival.