Loeb extends winning rally record with victory in Bulgaria
www.rallybuzz.com /edited by Bulgaria-hotels.com/, 12 July 2010
Citroen’s Sebastien Loeb and Daniel Elena have extended their un-beaten streak on tarmac surface FIA World Rally Championship (WRC) events by winning the 14 special-stage Rally Bulgaria in the weekend, the seventh round of 13 in the 2010 series.
Bulgaria’s first inclusion to the pinnacle of rally competition events, the 345.10 kilometre journey was based at the picturesque ski resort region of Borovets. Expecting summer like conditions, teams encountered rain, fog and cool temperatures to place higher emphasis on choice between the Pirelli P-Zero control tyre options of hard or soft compound. While some gained on their gamble, others languished – including the BP Ford Abu Dhabi World Rally Team. Expected to pressure the Citroen marquee for event honours, drivers Mikko Hirvonen and Jarmo Lehtinen and team-mates Jari-Matti Latvala and Miikka Anttila finished fifth and sixth respectively.
“It’s all gone off like a dream, really. We began with a good first day and we consolidated our position on the next one. Today was a bit more relaxed! I like the first Rally Bulgaria! It’s got good stages that highlight the qualities of the drivers and the cars. Bravo to Dani who drove a great race.” said Loeb, who has won every tarmac round of the WRC since Spain in 2004.
Rally Bulgaria – Final Results (subject to final scrutineering) – top ten
- Sébastien Loeb/Daniel Elena, France, Citroën C4 WRC
- Dani Sordo/Marc Marti, Spain, Citroën C4 WRC
- Petter Solberg/Chris Patterson, Norway, Citroën C4 WRC
- Sébastien Ogier/Julien Ingrassia, France, Citroën C4 WRC
- Mikko Hirvonen/Jarmo Lehtinen, Finland, Ford Focus RS WRC
- Jari-Matti Latvala/Miikka Anttila, Finland, Ford Focus RS WRC
- Per-G Andersson/Jonas Andersson, Ford Focus RS WRC
- Frigyes Turan/Gabor Lsiros, Peugeot 307 WRC
- Matthew Wilson/Scott Martin, Britain, Ford Focus RS WRC
- Henning Solberg/Ilka Minor, Norway, Ford Fiesta S2000