The festival of roses
5 Days / 4 Nights
Sofia - Kazanlak - The Valley of Roses - Thracian tomb - Kazanlak - Museum of the Rose - Rose Carnival parade - Sofia
The Rose festival in the Rose valley has come to be a symbolic reflection of the lifestyle, the spirit and the cultural patterns typical for Kazanlak region.
In 1903, the citizens of Kazanlak organized for the first time a rose festival, dedicated to flowers, beauty and grace. The aspect of the Rose Festival in Karlovo nowadays is essentially based on ancient traditions. The ritual of rose gathering, where various ensembles of authentic folklore, kuker and folk dance take part, recreates the joy and exhilaration, caused by the forthcoming work in the rose field. A part of another ritual, that of rose distilling, the guests of the festival are presented with wreaths of roses and are treated to rose ("gyul") jam, as well as to rose brandy. Then all guests take part in the procession, celebrating youth, beauty and flowers, which goes along the streets of Karlovo to "4th of July" Square.
Dates: on your request
- prices are calculated depending on the desired class of the hotels for accommodation - 3*, 4* or 5* - please ask for rates
- board: H/B (breakfast and dinner);
- 7 overnights in three- and four stars hotels;
- transfer: with A/C coaches or car;
- guide in English;
- entry taxes for museums;
- Participants - min 2 pax
04.06Arrival in Sofia. Transfer to hotel “Princess”. Overnight in hotel.
05.06• 8.00 - Breakfast in hotel Princess
• 10.00 - Transfer to Kasanlak
• 14.00 - Arrival in Kasanlak. Bulgarian welcoming ritual for the guests. Accommodation at "Palace" complex
• 19.00 - Official dinner with Bulgarian folklore show with tourists' participation
• 21.00 - Official opening of the Rose Festival and crowning of the Queen Rose'2003
06.06• 8.00 - Breakfast
• 10.00 - Authentic rose-boiling process demonstration. Sample original delicious “Rose brandy”, “Rose-Liquor” and “Rose-petal jam”
• 12.00 - Visit to the famous Thracian Tomb near Kasanlak included in UNESCO’s List of World Heritage, dating back to the IV c. B.C.
• 13.00 - Lunch.
• 14.00 - Visit to the Rose Museum, presenting the history of the rose oil production in Bulgaria
• 16.00 - Classical music concert at the lobby of the hotel with complimentary coffee serving
• 20.00 - Dinner
07.06• 7.00 - Breakfast
• 8.30 - Rose picking in the rose-gardens around Kasanlak
• 11.00 - Rose Carnival parade in Kasanlak
• 13.00 - Lunch-barbecue. Folklore show “Bulgarian traditions and habits”. Special presents – souvenirs for the tourists
• 15.30 - Concert of orthodox Slavonic chants at the memorial church Shipka
• 20.00 - Dinner
Transfer to airport Sofia Book now All tours